Monday, September 22, 2008

I love this game..

Cricket is something I have always been very passionate about but Mumbai aane ke baad dunno whats happening where. I used 2 plan in advance as to which series I would completely watch n enjoy. Eagerly anticipating the England-SA series with some great guys in both teams and 2 teams I am fond of after India, of course. Not to miss the return of the big man, Freddie. I still remember the Ashes 2005 series where I saw him at his best in his evolving stages n ever since he has been one of my favourites. I could just follow the scores regularly on the net and a few videos of the day’s highlights. A good n closely fought series no doubt.The return of Harmison made me happier since I always believe he is a very fine bowler n is badly needed if England are to win the Ashes next year. Michael Vaughan stepping down as captain is a big blow for the Poms. I still remember how Ponting, who was hailed as one of the best captains to grace the game, was criticised when Vaughan’s brilliance as captain n luck of course, helped England demolish Australia in that eventful series in 2005. But as a player, Michael Vaughan should continue. He has that style, class n elegance which many don’t have. Get Simon Jones possibly n the Poms have their squad more or less ready for 8 July 2009. Suddenly yaad aaya they have 2 tour India first n I wish their best squad plays n that too to its potential so that India beat them in a closely contested series. Test cricket is losing its sheen these days because of T20 spreading like fire. But some series I love 2 watch are Ind-Aus, Ind-Eng, Ind-SA, Eng-Aus, Eng-SA, Aus-SA..sorry not Indo-Pak, its a dead series without Shoaib n Asif n their batters not being as gud as earlier. Just bash up the Australians is the cry which doesn’t come true often. Hopefully it will 2 months from now.

No comments: